我的微博

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What comes after engagement...!! Part 3

Well the shopping did not end with the red dinner dress... we did try out quite a lot of accessories that were beautiful and all but they costs too much -- one set would cost about 60% of the selling price and a set would normally cost more than HK$1200! That's at least HK$2K just to rent 3 sets of bloody accessories: necklace & earrings!!! Are they out of their minds? I could run a business like that! Bloody blood suckers!

And as we were talking about how crazy these people are, we got to a little stall that sells jewellery which she designed herself with Swarovski crystal -- some impressive work there. And so we asked about the price, guess what? HK$500 for 3 sets of necklace and matching earrings + a crown that's worth just about HK$5K for 3 days! Again, I did not hesitate! Hahaha!!

I have returned to Hong Kong 2 weeks later to deal with some other things a couple of weeks later. I arrived on Friday, it was a long weekend and Jane was so kind that she offered me a room in her place for a couple of nights so that I didn't have to be alone and that I didn't have to spend so much money on a hotel room... it would normally cost just about HK$600-HK$700 a night for a decent hotel room, tiny but decent.

Earlier of the day right after I've arrived at Hong Kong, I went straight to the Consulate General of Malaysia, handed in the Certification of Divorce for it to be translated and then notarized and also to get the translated Decree Nisi notarized notarized... It could be collected in the afternoon, right before our appointment to look at the venue.

Jane is still in her piano class and so I spent the time wondering around in a book shop, bought some books, went to Pacific Coffee, got my coffee, sat down and started reading. Until it was time to meet with Jobee, I set an alarm to the appointment. I went and met up with Jane and we proceeded to the hotel -- The Peninsula Hong Kong.

We arrived and Jobee came and showed us the venue - The Garden Suite. It's a suite with a little hall that holds just about 50pax and a large private terrace overlooking Victoria Harbour, believe me, it's stunning. The Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre is just right across the waters. It has a dedicated elevator that's just about as old as the building itself. They had a little problem with the elevator that day that we had to take another elevator to 6th floor and then access the venue on 7th floor via a private staircase. So the venue is a very private venue -- we get all the privacy we want! That's why the deposit was paid just 5 days after I've viewed the venue.

We then did a little bit of window shopping. And then!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! You might have probably realized what I have forgotten to do... yes, I forgot to collect the documents from the Consulate!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! >___<

The recall button failed me again! or should I blame it on the books? the coffee????

At this point, I realized how much I owe it to Jane. I know for sure, I wouldn't be able to pull this off on my own this easily. And it's almost a miracle that we have achieved so much with just a few visits to Hong Kong... Then we had dinner at the Tahi restaurant, we ordered some curry crab... the claw bit my left index finger!!!! And it started to bleed!!! With curry in it!!!! So it's... bloody Curry Crab!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

See... this is the scar it left me...

After dinner we headed off to Jane's place. It's a nice little place, I got to chat with Adrian a little bit on MSN and the blanket was warm and the water in the bathroom was hot... that was so nice. The first time I stayed in a place with people I know in the next room since I came back from Malaysia. Felt safe, so safe.

Gosh, I just miss Adrian soooo much!


to be continued...

No comments: