我的微博

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Me and Adrian...

Well yes, I'm gonna talk about me and Adrian again...

There was this night when I actually sent him a text message. He replied immediately. I just don't remember what it was about coz if you have read the previous blog, the recall button in my brain is not working properly... The only thing that I remember is that his replies sounded a bit funny... he was obviously not fully conscious about what he was pressing on the phone when he replied -- I didn't understand his reply fully (I had to guess!), I sent him another one, and he replied too... same kind of reply too hehehe... still very much asleep haha! I then thought to myself, "better let him go back to sleep, this might piss him off..."

I know it was not nice to wake some friend up in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep... but I was allowed to, encouraged to, by him!! Well, me, I let my friends call me in the middle of the night and wake me up and chat with me and all... no problem. I remember chatting with 2 of my x-bf's in high school for about 7 and 8 hours respectively, from about 11pm to 6 or 7 in the morning! And we only stopped because we were going to school! Crazy? Ya, but not so crazy la... hehehehe

If I remember correctly, it was before (or after???) I went off to the UK, we met up for a movie -- I am Legend, and then a buffet dinner in 360° Café, Macau's highest revolving restaurant, up on the 59th floor (if I remember correctly hehehe) of the Macau Tower. In the movies, it was funny. He got seats at the back row but his and mine are like at least 1.5 feet apart. He obviously didn't expect that. Well, going to our first movie, it really felt like high school again! If you have seen the movie, you'd know how they scare you. I screamed, as usual, ya ya ya, I scream, cry, laugh out loud watching movies, he gave me his hand to hold on to... sweet... but I was just too scared, and I think I squeezed his hand real hard... I did not realize how big and warm his hand was... and that it made me feel safe... you might say, "O c'mon, it's just a movie!" but that's one of the many things in that I enjoy doing which gives me a quick getaway from the everyday life...
Then we proceeded to dinner. There, they had a band going around the restaurant playing songs to guests... they came around sang us a song, a song they chose, "Change the world" by Eric Clapton. It was one of the most awkward situations when they were playing that song! Knowing what that song means, "o gosh, where do I look now? at him? O, his eyes, nope, not a good idea... outside the windows? kinda rude when ppl are singing for us... the food on my plate? hmm... not for that long... the band? probably a good idea..." and so I looked here and there and everywhere else but his eyes... "gosh, stop staring at me la!!!" I did look at him at some point but I just couldn't continue looking into his eyes, it's the way he looked at me... like it's saying, "come give me a kiss..." hahaha Yes, I was a coward! If you know me well enough, you'll know that I'm always bold... not afraid of people, and definitely not afraid of looking into ppl's eyes! I knew I was falling for him then... didn't want to admit it but couldn't avoid it Arrrrrgh!!

and so I came back from UK, depressed... but not for long. I started going out drinking with the gang again. OTT, Rascals, Star World, McSorley's... the usual places... and sometimes I would ask Adrian to come along... I could hardly sleep after I got back from UK, needed the alcohol -- I could only fall asleep around 4am or even 5am sometimes, every night. I didn't know why, because I definitely was not missing my x-bf! I remember sending Adrian a text message telling him that I couldn't sleep (Ok, I missed him ok?!)... he told me to think of something nice. I said, "I tried: I thought of you but it didn't work!" hahaha

It was one of those nights in OTT, with the gang, we ate, drank and chatted for quite a bit. Before I realized it, there were only the two of us left. We continued our conversation and we started off talking about topics that had never been brought up before... well at least not with him! as our faces got closer and closer, I suddenly realized something was gonna get outta hand and I thought to myself, "O no, Vernette, you're losing it... and no! you don't kiss him now!!!" and so I rushed into the wash room... I had to do it a few more times just to stop myself from kissing him! Phew! And so nothing happened. He then sent me home, I gave him a hug and that wrapped up the night. Phew!

and now, my fingers are tired... and I'm hungry... more stories to be told soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adrian just called and told me that we went to our first movie after I came back from UK... once again, I think he's gonna be so disappointed at me...