我的微博

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Adrian again

OK, at this point, I would assume that you have visited Adrian's blog by now. By reading his blog, you should now know how bad my memory is... hehehehe... well read his if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about... conclusion is, I don't have a recall button!!! I am very impressed because he actually remembers most of the details that I didn't remember. It's like I have a book, with titles and maybe subtitles, but not contents... but hey, I still remember how he smiled (the mouth kinda streched from his left ear to his right...) when I hugged and said goodbye to him after a McDonald's session!!

and so my story telling continues...

It was some time near the opening of the Venetian. I got hold of him. We lost contact for about half a year I think.

I was still in the previously relationship which started to make me hate myself at that point. I told myself off time and time again! However, it didn't work and I have to admit that I was badly hurt, so weak that I could not get out of it as easy as I used to (I had never had problems walking out of a relationship but this one!). But everytime I saw Adrian, he was able to make me forget about all those trouble I was having. I think that was because he was the only one outside of my everyday social life -- everyone of my friends and colleagues knew about this bf that I had...
I have to admit that I wasn't being totally honest with Adrian. Well I didn't actually lie to him, I just didn't tell him things?? hehehehe... I hear somebody telling me to F off now... hahahaha! Hey, I thought he had a gf! I did see a wallpaper on his phone that kinda made a statement that he wasn't available. "Hmm... typical Chinese girls from this part of the world (HK, Macau, China or even Thai...)!" I thought to myself. And so I asked him how his date was going. He said he wasn't dating. "Ya, right, like I am blind or something??" I didn't believe him tho. He did mention he was thinking about going steady with a girl but he could not make up his mind because he was thinking about quiting his job and move on somewhere else - not Macau. Don't ask me where, I can't remember!

And so he was just a friend. Although I enjoyed all the chats and laughs during our very brief lunch meetings nothing was likely to happen anyway! I didn't have the space in my head for anything else anyway! Being alone out here, an alien environment, was tough enough. Despite the fact that I am a Chinese, the cultural differences here made me feel like I'm an alien. And at the same time, I was going through the very annoying process of breaking up you see. And I was moving apartment and all... Adrian has always made it clear that I could call him for help anytime, even when I got scared at night, I was allowed, no, encouraged to call him anytime. Somehow I have never done that. Did not call him when I slipped and fell in the bath tub ended up with bruises on my legs, tighs, arms and dunno where else... Did not call him when I felt a pat on my tigh at night when I was sound asleep in my room... Did not call him when I left the house keys to both my apartments (old and new, I was moving from the old apartment to a new one because the landlord wanted a 35% increase of rental!!!) at 4am and I spent 5 hours in the car to wait for the locksmith to open... and that's me, the very annoying me to some of my closest friends -- I solve my own problems, and if I told you about what had happened that would mean that problems have been solved.

Until right before I went to the UK "break-up trip" with my now officially x-bf, Adrian text me and said that he had something to tell me when I get back (he didn't know what kind of a trip that was, it was irrelevant). I was curious but I kinda knew what he was planning to say. and he asked me to help him post a few Christmas cards when I visit London. and so I went off to this trip with him in my mind -- I had to remember to post the cards for him. And there came his sms wishing me a Merry Christmas. I received the same message once every hour, for 4 consecutive days! I was annoyed. The 2nd day, I text him and said, "the Christmas couldn't be any merrier than this... but you don't have to send me 1 every hour. it's getting freaky..." I received no reply from him and the sms's kept coming until the 4th day, I got fed up and turned off the phone! "OK, I need an explanation, that was not the Adrian that I knew!" and when I turned the phone back on, it stopped. I thought, "please please let it be the network!"
I got back, exhausted and weak but what was gonna be done was done. I set myself free.
Adrian told me that he checked with his handphone's network provider and they said that the message was caught in the loop. "Yes! It was the network!" hahaha!!
And we started meeting up again, this time, we even went out for drinks.
to be continued... fingers got cold and tired... and brain dead...


No comments: