我的微博

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Burns Night

After finished telling you about how it all began, it's now time to tell you a little bit of the new experience I had in Macau...

Burns Night - I heard about it the first time of my life, strangely, here in Asia, Macau to be exact (which has nothing much to do with Scotland)... it's a day when the Scots everywhere take time out to honour a national icon - Robert Burns (poet, balladeer and Scotland's favourite son). Each year on January 25, the great man's presumed birthday - Burns Night, whether it's a full-blown Burns Supper or a quiet night of reading poetry, Burns Night is a night for all Scots but that's the day the world paid homage to the great Scottish man...

I wanted to experience it with Adrian so I bought 2 tickets. This is all new to him too. We were there, saw a lot of familiar faces and met a lot of new people, heard a lot of alien languages - Scottish... hmm... I could only understood like 30% or less of what they were saying... poems were read, great food and wines and
Piping in the Haggis... and most of all Scots men wearing kilts! (some sort of skirt hahahaha - I heard that they don't wear anything underneath!! wowow!!) And they even have a furry clutch "handbag" on their waists!! hahaha!

After the dinner, it was dancing, and singing as well!! And then we decided that we hadn't had enough partying after the event was officially over, we went to Lion's Bar at MGM! Unbelievably, Doug had became the hottest guy in the bar - girls went up to him to talk to him and taking pictures with him! Well, Doug is the guy with the most gray hair in the photos here... I think it's because of his kilt, mm... actually it was the whole package!! hahaha!!!


I thought Steve (the one in the middle) was supposed to be more attractive than Doug... well at the least he's better looking! I think it's probably because of the bottle of Whiskey in his hand! Haha!!

When we finally got home, it was 4:30am! Almost hammered and exhausted! but guess what, the best thing was, my mom wasn't there nagging me (ya ya ya, I'm at my early thirties and she still nags me... she calls me just to nag me sometimes hahahahaha but hey, despite the fact that she nags, she's still the best mom la!) and my boyfriend actually did all those crazy things with me!! hahaha!!! How could I not love being here?????

No comments: