我的微博

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Adrian



Finally, a Saturday off. Which finally gives me the time to do some stuff I've been wanting to, and that includes writing something here...

It was sometime in the last 2 months of 2006 as far as I could remember (well Adrian managed to trace back and literally "tracked down" the exact date we met! It was 28/11/2006, I could only remember that it was a Tuesday coz it was scheduled to be a weekly-sample-viewing-day). Sometimes my brain would just fail me and remember nothing! I'm sure you have experience like that when your brain just stopped the recall function... mine just has a malfuntion recall button that's all hehehe...

I'm trying my best here and of course, Adrian's blog did help a bit to remember what happened that day.

I remember walking into the meeting room with the granite sample I was supposed to present, I was nervous because that sample has to be approved or we were screwed (at least that's how the Project Managers made it sound!). People with different samples came into the room and placed them on the table and slowly, the room started to get crowded. And there were very big samples that could only be placed on the floor intead of the table. Wow, these are mock-ups la! I thought. And I just hoped that mine gets to be looked at and approved first so that I could get out of the room fast. Then, I just can't remember how, I started talking to this gweilo who came in with a couple of guys helping him to move all his big, bulky and heavy samples into the room. Yes, that was Adrian.

I gave him my name card. I don't remember him giving me his though. As soon as I stepped out of the room, with my approved sample, he started sending me text messages! Well I was supposed to turn left when I got out, I turned right. After a few steps, "oops! wrong way!" and I turned around and walked passed the meeting room. I looked into the room, saw him in this chair playing with his phone. I thought I would waive and say goodbye again if so happens he looks back at me. But he was just too busy messing with his phone. As I proceeded to another room, just at the door, I received a text message. "O, that's not him..." but deep down inside (my freaky psychic power started working!), I had a feeling that it was him. And to my surprise, it was him indeed. It was like, "Now, that's quick!" and so, that was how the friendship started.

Sometimes we would text each other to chat and sometimes, we would have McDonald's. I was dating another guy at that time. Did not really want anything more than a friendship from Adrian although I knew he was attracted to me. You know, girls just know things like this. I must admit that I found him special in someways. He gets nervous and I could sense it. I didn't really tell him that I had a boyfriend. I'm not sure if I was being selfish or that relationship was just not something serious... I loved talking to Adrian but it was different, I don't know how but there were things that I wouldn't tell him and there were sooo many things that I told him which only my closest friends know. Maybe I was actually looking forward to something else to happen between us...

I started a new job, the sim card that I was using was given back to the previous company I was working for. Before I even had the chance to tell Adrian my new number, my handphone was stolen. I lost all my numbers including Adrian's. I hate it when things like this happen, well who don't?? I did not start using handphones until I was 25 when my x-boyfriend bought me my first handphone. I used to remember all the phone numbers by heart (that was when my brian worked at its top form) before that! And so we lost contact, for a few months until I finally realized I have contacts of the company he was working for. Projexasia... hmm... I interviewed them back in February!! And so I called up the office and asked for Adrian's email address. I sent him an email. I missed him... Although I was making new friends, very good friends came along, but no one was like Adrian. And everytime I saw McDonald's, I thought about him. I just had to find him! Losing a handphone was frustrating enough, I can't lose a friend because I lost a handphone!!

And so we were back "online"!




to be continued... my fingers got tired!


No comments: