我的微博

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What comes after engagement...!! Part 1

Well, it's time to update my current status now... well, of course by now, you know that my current status is "happily engaged", but what I'm trying to tell here is what comes after that...

2 weeks after I said yes, well, I had to go back to Malaysia to spend Chinese New Year with my family, alone. Yup, leaving Adrian here to wait for his departure to another part of the world for a new job.

Adrian has decided that he wants Mark to be his best man and I want Jane to be my maid of honour. We first decided that we were going to either have our wedding on this 4th of July or 16th of August... after me looking up the Chinese calendar and decided that these two days are good enough (it's a very Chinese thing to do this, so that the couple gets married on a good day and they shall live happily ever after) and that they are in summer when it's school holiday, which is very important for Adrian because he wants the boys to attend our wedding, and so do I. So these are the two days that we're going to work on, on the venue, the photographer, the everything... but later, just about a month later, we changed that date to the 9th of August...

Believe it or not, all these were decided when we talked on Skype everyday. And this is how we are going to do this together. Difficult but we're modern people... no problemo! haha!!

We sent out request for proposal to a few good hotels in Hong Kong (yes, it will be held in Hong Kong), received responses and after careful consideration, we shortlisted 2, the Peninsula and the Excelsior. I went and see the Excelsior my first weekend on the mission, nope, although it's about almost 20K cheaper, the venue is too big and too old. The Peninsula of course, is expensive, but considering our very short guest list, the perfectly sized venue, the exclusivity, the attractive package... it's worth it. The Four Seasons wouldn't serve buffet for a guest list shorter than 50, but hey, the Peninsula does it! How would you choose? Yes, we chose the Peninsula (I sort of decided before Adrian buys it... hehehe). I went and placed the deposit last week and booked our room... hahahahaha!!

OK, I got way off... back to the beginning, after I came back to Macau from Malaysia, put work back on track, I spent a few weekends in Hong Kong with Jane sorting out everything (well, as much as possible la~~). The first weekend, Jane and I went looking around in some shops in... I'm not sure, ermm... well I can't remember actually hehe... nothing interesting so we went on to TST... Well I was actually looking for a short dress instead of the usual long ones... strange? well, it's summer when we get married, it's hot and humid in Hong Kong... Long wedding dress?? Naa~~~ and most of the shops that we went into had only one or two or none to choose from and when they have one, it cost a bomb! Put it this way, they range from at least HK$5K to more than HK$12K a piece! Bloody hell! I'm not going to spend that much on a dress that is not worth the money, the make, the design, the material, the cut... etc.

Then we went to this building where Mendy had hers tailored, where there are a lot of shops that sell wedding related stuff, it's a one-stop shopping mall for ppl who are preparing their weddings. Amazingly, I found my perfect wedding dress, for just HK$780!!! It's knee length, just over, tube top, perfect. Jane found her dress in the same shop too! Haha, both dresses cost less than HK$1.4K!! Hahahaha!!! And then we went on looking at stuff...

At just about 4pm, we met up with Michelle and her fiance, who are getting married in September, went to this shop that sells wedding and dinner dress. I saw a red dinner dress and it was very beautiful -- silk and beautifully designed, cost only HK$2.6K. BUT BUT BUT!!! It wasn't my size! I was 4 inches broader all the way! No way it can be altered to suit me, if I want one it has to be tailored... but she said she'll let us know if they still have the material in the same colour...

Then, we left the shop and went to the wedding convention/exhibition. Nothing much except they made me do a makeup trial... they put makeup on half of my face and emailed the photo back to me for reference...

see the difference? well the only down side was that the makeup sponge that the artist was using smelled a little bad... but I let her do it anyway. However, I'm pretty certain, I won't engage them. See, it's not only the result that matters. The little details count too. But I did not tell the artist that of course. She'll have to pay more attention to excel. It takes more than skills. Oops, way off... Anyway, that night we went home totally exhausted! But I have got some tasks done! hehehe!

to be continued...

No comments: