我的微博

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I said, "Of course I will..."

It was our first anniversary. 11th January 2008 was when we first kissed. We went to Hong Kong to celebrate the ocassion. I was made aware that it would be very special... I saw him thinking hard and tried to get him to tell me what he had in mind hehehe...

It was a fine Sunday. We went ice-skating for the second time of my life. Everything was great until I landed on my bum (really hard) for the first time! Every single organ inside my body was shakened big time!! I didn't even feel like getting up when the "life guard" came and helped me up!! I thought I had a concussion on my bum and in my brain... (it took nearly 3 weeks to recover!!!)
that's me with my sour bum...

After ice-skating, I went to meet with Jane and had lunch together -- had to give Adrian and the boys time on their own. Phil is always shy, it's better that I don't stick around too much so that he can open up to his dad more... so I went window shopping with Jane for a little bit hahaha!!!

We took some photos together for Adrian to send to his parents in England after saying goodbye to Jane (she had to go back and sleep coz she only managed to go to bed at 7 that morning!!!).



We finally had time to ourselves after Adrian sent the boys back as usual. Well not exactly usual because it was half an hour earlier than usual. He's so sweet. He's got the whole night filled with surprises. Because he thought we should have a pre-dinner drinks or 2 in the Captain's Bar in Mandarin Oriental, he decided to send the boys off half an hour earlier... I was so touched...


In the Captain's Bar (I knitted the sweater for him for Xmas... and he loves it)

In the bar, I had my Guinness in a silver tanker!! That was really special. Well I wasn't unprepared like I seemed. I bought him a Kwanpen crocodile skin wallet... the colour of his eyes. I'm so happy that he loved it.

After that we proceeded to the ferry pier. When we were walking towards it, I noticed that it was a full moon and it was bright orange... I took a few shots and I thought to myself, "Ah~ what a special night... I will always remember that the moon looked so different on the night of our first anniversary~~" Look!


We boarded the old junk and started the cruise around the harbour. Cold but not freezing cold, the crew have blankets for us so that we could stay warm. Then we had our red wine and things were just so nice... and romantic... ya, Adrian is a very romantic man. And that's what makes him so special... you know non of my X's were romantic. He would just make me feel so special! How can you not love a guy like that? hehehe...


This is the junk that we went on...



Anyway, after we toasted. He popped the question that he's been asking daily for a few weeks... "Will you marry me?" as I was just about to give my usual answer (I'd normally tell him that he didn't have a ring), he, to my surprise, had a ring in his hand and wow... I didn't know what to say for a little bit. I totally did not expect that you see. He's just been laid off and only getting ready for his new job, and he has his boys to take care of and all... I actually told him to delay anything that he had planned for us (oh I'm just such a wonderful woman, how can he not as me to marry him... haha!). "Of course I will" was my answer to his question. haha! He had to double check later that night because it wasn't a "yes"... silly Billy...

Ya, he then quickly put the ring on my finger... and it fit perfectly! wowo... I cried a little bit, coz I was so touched... he's the sweetest man I've ever met la!!!




Look at this man, how happy I've made him... hahahahaha and I'm equally happy too!!

I love you too, Adrian Lydiard!

The night ended after we've had our dinner in Isola in IFC. Great service, fantastic food and stunning view of the harbour... everything was just so perfect! I had to bite myself once or twice just to make sure that it wasn't just a dream...

No comments: