我的微博

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Is this seat taken?

We have shuttle bus service between the apartment and Hankow Road in TST every 15 minutes which is very convenient - saves a lot of walking and $$ as well.

Today, we went shopping in TST.  We jumped on the shuttle bus to get home.  The bus provides 29 seats and, all are double seaters but the last one at the back on the left. -- only a few seats left and none of them was together...  It was quite full by the time we got on the bus.  I guessed we had to sit separate.  I proceeded towards the back portion of the bus and found 2 seats alongside, separated by the aisle, perfect.  So I said, "Excuse me, ..." to the young woman who had the window seat and her shopping bags on the seat next to her (by the aisle) so that she could remove the not-a-big-deal shopping bag from the seat to her lap and I could sit down.  She wasn't impressed.  And to my surprise, the man across the aisle (yup, he was sitting by the window on the same row with an empty seat by the aisle as well), reached over and grabbed the shopping bags... ar... I see, they're together.  The man then decided that he would sit with his partner instead of my husband (Hong Kongers don't generally like to sit with big hairy gweilos if you noticed).  So, we had the double seater where the man was sitting.

Whenever we get on the shuttle bus, we would sit together no matter how much shopping we've got -- we once had a dehumidifier, cutlery set, adjustable rod (1.7m in length) and a few other shopping bags + my handbag, still sitting together seemed like the right thing to do.  Unfortunately, some ppl just don't do it -- can't sit with shopping bags on their laps -- too heavy!!

I suggested to Adrian, that next time, I should ask the man instead of the young woman, with a slightly stimulating tone of voice -- we were both very tempted to see the woman's face turn and how she would react to the situation (Hong Kong girls are naturally very defensive/agressive when another woman, quite attractive and in her super deep V top, intends to talk/sit/engage any kind of activity with her partner with or without her presence/consent).  Both Adrian and I were really torn with the idea.  haha!!

I know, I know, me baaaaaaaaaad!!

No comments: