我的微博

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nothing to be proud of!!

I have never been political. You can say that I'm handicapped - I don't see it, I don't hear it, I don't read it, I don't even talk about it! If there's a grading system to it, I'm probably not qualified to be graded.

I think that was because Malaysia has always been, well, all through my life until I got here, a very calm country politically. People that I met (foreigners) were constantly surprised how well all the different races got along. I have always been proud about this. I still remember there was this ad that said, "Proud to be Malaysian"... I agreed, totally. I even defended the Malays/Muslims in our country whenever I hear criticisms about how agressive they are. They were really such kind people!

As you can read from my last post, things have changed dramatically. I fear going back although I don't earn as much as UDS20,000 a month (not sooooooo qualified la!) but I do earn at least five times better that what I was earning 2 years ago (I must say that Malaysian Chinese employers are not very reputable in this respect)! Besides the money bit, I don't feel safe being in the country anymore. But what do I do?

I love the country - I have always encouraged my foreign friends to visit Malaysia. We have some of the most beautiful islands and beaches, the greenest mountains and the greenest cities, richest cultures (Malaysia Truly Asia, is true!), best food in the world. We have no natural disasters except a few floods. We did not have riots (I don't know about now) like our neigbouring countries do. We have summer all year long! And most of all, we have the friendliest ppl to welcome our guests! And I have never hesitated to help promote my country until now. I feel that I have the responsibility to tell how good my country is but I can't lie...

We are (soon I'm gonna change "We" to "You"!!) killing our country don't you see???
俗語有云: "屎坑點燈 -- 找屎!" in English, we're digging our own graves! Yeah! Go ahead and do it!! You can do it!! Like you always say, "Malaysia Boleh!"

I must quote Patrick Teoh's blog name here --- "Niamah!!!" (this is what he named his blog!)

No comments: